Answering a Reader Question #680

Jenny Colomy Wrote:

Hi Dania, my name is Jenny. I am 13 and I have never modeled in anything and have no experience but I really want to be a model. Where should I start if I'm around 5'8" and interested in commercial or magazine modeling?

Hi, Jenny!

Being 5'8" at age 13 actually qualifies you for fashion and runway modeling but if you're mainly interested in commercial/print, that's totally cool, too! Although you've got the height for fashion/runway, print work also uses taller models as well as shorter ones.

It is okay that you don't have experience, that is something you will gain "on the job" during your first test shoot, which the agency that signs you will help arrange.

That being said, I would recommend doing an online search for modeling agencies within a 2 hour's drive from where you live and then checking out each agency's official website to find out what the guidelines are for submission and the types of photos they want you to send in.

At this point, don't worry about professional photos, headshots or anything like that. Non professional, digital snapshots are your best bet.

If you need help locating legit agencies that you would qualify for, you can email me directly at: daniadenise@gmail.com with your city and state (not your mailing address or anything like that) and I'll see what I can find for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035