Answering a Reader Question #1,021


Unknown Wrote:

Hello, I live in El Salvador and I am 16 y/o . I want to be a model so applied to mother agencies and most of them are in New York.

A part of my family lives there but I don’t know if I could be singed to an agency there and travel each vacation or time where I have a casting.

Can that be possible? I heard of Models that live in the uk and are signed to agencies in the US but I don’t know.

Hi, Unknown!

If you plan on having a mother agent represent you instead of a regular modeling agency, then it would be possible to travel back and forth depending on your schedule and school. Mother agencies have working partnerships with other agencies in different countries so they would work with you to arrange when you'd be able to take on projects in the US as well as elsewhere.

Since you have family that already lives in New York, that is a huge advantage in your case because you don't have to worry about where to stay.

When you get an interview with a mother agency, this is the type of conversation you want to make sure you have with them so they can get an idea for what times throughout the year you would likely be traveling for modeling work and what markets they'll want to place you in to maximize that travel time.

For now don't over analyze this part of the process too much. Submit to the mother agencies and then tackle those topics and ask those questions when you get to the interview stage and go from there. They'll be the best sources to answer in greater detail based on your situation.

Wishing you the best of luck with your mother agency search!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035