Answering a Reader Question #955

Anonymous Wrote:

Hey Dania,
Still such a fan of your blog! 
I have a random question that I need some advice on. I reached out to an agency, through Instagram DM, that I've wanted to be signed to for quite some time. They DM'd me back stating they'd like to set up a meeting and asked for my contact info. It's been 2 days since sending my contact info and haven't heard anything from them regarding the meeting yet. I realize they're busy, so just wondered if I should follow up and If so, how long should I wait to do so? Thank you :)

Hey, Anonymous!

Awww, I'm so flattered to have you as a fan, thank you!

Looking at the original date you posted your comment on my Modeling 101 blog post, which was October 3 and given that it is now October 10, enough time has passed that you should follow up if you haven't already done so or if the agency hasn't already contacted you (I hope it's the latter!).

In general when contacting companies like modeling agencies, which do tend to get busy, it's always a good rule of thumb to wait to do follow ups at least 5 business days after you last made contact (that's not counting the weekends).

So if you haven't already heard from them or dropped them a quick message, you are certainly free to do so now. Keep it short and sweet. Something along the lines of, "Hello, I just wanted to reach out to follow up in regards to setting up a meeting and trying to schedule a date and time that works for you. I look forward to your reply!" would be more than enough to get the ball rolling and get them back on track.

I hope that helps and best of luck with the agency, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works out for you! Please let me know how it goes! :-D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035