Answering a Reader Question #935

Henna Frank Wrote:

Hi my name is Henna I would love to be a justice model but although my mom is single hard working parent and doesn't really have the time but it has been my dream to be a model and if you made my dream come true It would be such an amazing honor 🙏😔

Hey, Henna Frank!

If I could be a genie and make people's dreams come true like that, believe me I would do it in a heartbeat!

The bad news is that I can only do so much for others...I can provide you with info, resources and guidance but ultimately it is going to take more than my efforts to make things happen for you with modeling.

Having a working parent who is focused on paying bills and providing for you is definitely difficult and a situation many people have to deal with. The reality is that if you are under 18 years of age (and are living in the US), you're going to need your mom's support and participation to pursue modeling legitimately.

You aren't even allowed to submit photos and info to modeling agencies without your mom's permission so you wont be able to get very far without her help.

I would recommend finding some time one-on-one with your mom where she isn't distracted and communicating to her why you want to model. It's important that you let her know that she will play a big role in making that happen for you and if it turns out to be successful, it could be a great way to earn extra income, which I'm sure she'd appreciate.

But you'll need to make sure you've done your research and understand what the both of you would be getting into. Below is a link to a blog post I wrote that gives some tips about how to talk to parents when it comes to getting into modeling:

https://amodelsdiary.blogspot.com/2007/02/parents.html?m=0

If your mom ends up not being okay with it or feels that she can't spare the time to help you, then you'll need to wait it out and revisit the topic at another time. You can't force or rush things so try to be understanding if things don't turn out your way.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a positive outcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035