Answering a Reader Question #934

Rinki Shaw Wrote:

Ma'am I'm Rinki and I'm really interested in doing modelling. I'm 22 years old and 5'6.5". And 55 kgs. Ma'am I really wanted to do modelling,is there any gd future of me to become a super success full fashion model...Ma'am i have recently realised my dreams so plz ma'am help out.

Hi there, Rinki!

Fashion modeling is all about height and while I am an advocate for shorter models being on the major runways, sadly, there is still the industry's preference for taller models and I don't see that changing anytime soon, unfortunately.

At your current height it is not very likely that you would be able to pursue fashion modeling as a serious profession in the way you are probably envisioning.

Your height and age, however, are ideal for commercial/print modeling so I would suggest looking online for agencies within a 2 hour's drive from where you live that represent commercial/print models. Those types of agencies will be the right fit for you as a potential model.

Regardless of the type of modeling you want to do, making a success career out of it is extremely difficult and many working models also hold down regular jobs or are self employed in order to make ends meet so as long as you keep your goals realistic and know your options, I don't see why you can't pursue it in a way that will allow you to experience the modeling world but without risking financial instability.

Best of luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035