Answering a Reader Question #908

Tuscany F Wrote:

Hi Dania, My name is Tuscany, Im a 21 yr old female model from South Africa. Ive been a model for 4months and the season has just begun here. My question is am I too old to get busy as a editiorial runway model? I don't have much experience, and i'm based with a smaller agency..

I am concerned I won't be booking as many jobs because of my age and being with a smaller agancy ( it's a great agency and they take care of me well). Everyone seems to love my 'look'. 

Should i be concerned or am i just being a nerous nelly? 
many thanks xx

Hi there, Tuscany F!

I vote for nervous nelly. :-)

You have several factors working in your favor: you have an agent, you're happy with them/they take care of you, you've received positive feedback about your look and potential.

Smaller agencies have their benefits and doesn't necessarily mean your career would be small as well. Oftentimes, they become the stepping stones to larger agencies as you grow in your career and gain more experience. Additionally, it's easier to make mistakes with a smaller agency than with a big one (kind of like the big fish in a small pond metaphor).

A lot can happen in this new season for you and you've only been at it for 4 months so you have plenty of time for opportunities to present themselves to you. All models experience slow and busy peaks so even if things slow down for you a bit, it isn't necessarily because you're not a good model. It's the nature of the business. I doubt your age would have much to do with not getting jobs, otherwise I don't think your agent would have brought you on board if they felt it was that big of a concern.

I say enjoy the ride and give each casting 200%. Keep being you and the reason why your agent wanted you and everything will fall into place from there, regardless of your age.

Comments

  1. Hey there Dania,

    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Your words were inspiring.
    I'm feeling confident for this season and will give my 200% !!

    Thanks for an awesome blog
    Much appreciation xxx

    Tuscany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tuscany!

      It's my pleasure, I'm happy to be of help anytime you need it!

      Keep up the great work..I'm rooting for you!!!

      Best,
      Dania

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035