Answering a Reader Question #871

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Dania, I hope you day is going well. I am 15 years old and I'm 5'10 I want to get into the modeling industry. I have a cousin who is a model in Germany and she was giving me tips but I don't know if they apply the same in the u.s. but, I have had surgery on my belly button and it has left a scar. Will that affect my chances for modeling? And do you know any good modeling agencies in Houston Texas? Thank you! 

Hi there, Anonymous!

I don't know what your scar looks like so I can't say for certain whether it would be something that could affect your chances at modeling. But in most cases, if the scar isn't huge and can be concealed with body makeup, then I doubt it will prevent you from getting an agent so that's the good news.

Make sure you're applying some kind of cream that will fade the scar's appearance. Vitamin E oil and products like Mederma are great for treating the appearance of scars. The more you can get it to fade over time, the better.

In the meantime, below are the names and websites of agencies in Houston that would be worth checking out:

First Models Houston
http://firstmodelshouston.com/

Neal Hamil Agency
http://www.nealhamilagency.com/default.aspx

Page Parkes Houston
http://www.pageparkesagency.com/Houston

TL Modeling Agency
http://www.tlmodelingagency.com/

For the agencies that are tied to/affiliated with modeling schools/conventions, be cautious. If the classes/workshops they offer are optional and not mandatory, that's a good sign. If they are mandatory, make sure you find out what the total cost is, if it factors into whether they'll offer you a contract/representation or not, etc.

At that point it will be up to you (and your parents) to determine whether or not it would be worth paying for. But I firmly believe in pursuing agencies that don't pressure you to take classes or pay for workshops prior to offering you a contract (that's just my two cents!).

Good luck!

Comments

  1. Hi Dania, what are some workout routines? And healthy eating tips? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your questions in its own post on this blog, titled "Answering a Reader Question #873."

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035