Answering a Reader Question #799

Anonymous Wrote (in response to the blog post, "Modeling & Stretch Marks"):

Thank you so much this really did help. I have them and the aren't small. I had them when I was younger and I didn't know what to do, or who to tell. I thought they were just scratches till they started to get worse. I am now 17 and they have fadded and long.But stil l there. I just wanted to know, would it be more difficult for me to get in since my stretch marks aren't so small?

Hey there, Anonymous!

It's hard to answer your question accurately because I don't know enough about your stretch marks, like where they are located on your body. When it comes to modeling and being concerned about a skin issue like stretch marks, it all boils down to the location of the marks and what kind of modeling you want to get into.

In most cases, print models don't have much to worry about because the nature of the modeling jobs they do don't involve showing excessive skin. Fashion and runway often involves wearing outfits that do show large areas of skin (not always but often) so it really depends on what your goals for modeling are.

Feel free to email me directly at: daniadenise@gmail.com if you want to give me more details about your stretch marks and/or show me photos to help you get a better idea of what your options could be.

In the meantime, be diligent in your skin care. Apply quality brand cocoa butter or another related product to keep your skin properly moisturized and hydrated. While it won't make the stretch marks disappear, it should improve your skin tone and may help fade them a bit more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035