Answering a Reader Question #771

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi,Dania! I am so glad I found your blog! I have a question which bugs me:most agencies say they prefer models between 5'9-6'(I am refering to female models)but I have noticed that pretty much all the models are listed at 5'10,which I have read is the ideal height for a runway/editorial fashion model.So,my questions are:is 5'9 or 5'9.5 too short for runway or editorial modeling and are really all the models 5'10 or the rumor which says that they round up or down their height is true?Thank you!

Hi there, Anonymous!

I'm glad you found my blog, too. :-D

5'8" is the minimum height requirement for a large majority of agencies so 5'9" will certainly get your foot in the door. It is a common move for agencies to round up models' heights so I doubt that all of them are truly the height listed on the websites.

Of course there is no way to know for sure what those models' heights are but as far as your concerns go, if you're 5'9" then you absolutely are tall enough to be considered for runway and editorial modeling. So go for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035