Answering a Reader Question #1,030


Anonymous Wrote:

Hi!

I submitted to an agency last week and they contacted me immediately to ask me a video of me talking about my life, then I sent us the video back and they wanted to do a zoom call with me. I did and they said they'll get back to me. Its been 2 days now and I still have no response. Do you think its a bad sign?

Hey there, Anonymous!

I wouldn't see it as a bad sign. It is common for things to be fast paced in the beginning but then slow down or come to a halt altogether. It's the nature of the business side of the industry. When it comes to making a decision who to bring onto an agency's roster, it isn't always up to one person. 

Sometimes it takes several meetings for the agency to agree on who they want to move forward with presenting a contract offer to -- not to mention the steps needed to prep for bringing on someone new, including paperwork and other legal documents necessary to make things official. So it's a process.

It could take 1-2 weeks at most for them to determine if they'll sign you or not. I know the waiting is the hardest part but do what you can to keep yourself occupied so you don't go crazy. If you haven't heard from anyone after about a week, send a follow up email to the person who's been serving as your contact at the agency to see if there are any updates.

Keeping my fingers crossed they reach out with a contract offer for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035