Answering a Reader Question #1,028


Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Diana,

So I have three agencies (1 in SF 2 in LA) that want to sign me. I’m pretty confident in which agencies I want to sign with in SF and LA (I have done my research and am aware that I cannot sign to two agencies in the same market). What i’m curious about though, is that each agency in these cities says they would be my mother agent when I sign. Let’s say, for example, that I sign with the LA agency first making them my mother agency. Would the SF agency still be interested? Or would the contract need to be altered? Also would i have to wait some time to sign with my secondary agency? They are aware of my interest in each and have a really good relationship between the two. They actually have a model that is signed to the same two agencies that I am planning on signing to. I have been very open and honest during this whole process and so have they, I just wanted another outside perspective since i’m new to the industry and still learning.

Thank you!

Hey, Anonymous!

It sounds like given the circumstances, you're in the best position. That's wonderful that you've been open and honest about the situation. Worst case scenario, if the agency that doesn't get chosen no longer wants to move forward with you, the good news is you'll still have representation and a mother agency with a company that you already have a good working relationship with.

The fact that both agencies are interested and have a model on both their rosters that you know of is a good sign that they might be able to work the same arrangement with you, even if you have to choose one over the other as a mother agent.

I'd say go with the one YOU know in your gut is the best rep for you as a mother agent and see where the chips fall after the dust settles. Either way, you'll be in good hands and moving forward with your modeling career. That's the most important thing.

Wishing you the best of luck and congrats!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035