Answering a Reader Question #1,019


Anonymous Wrote:

I Belong from Asian household (not Chinese or Korean asian).

I am really interested in modeling, but my father don't like revealing clothes he always "says you are tall,why are you wearing this dress (length is till knee).he is always concerned what I wear and all.i really want to do modeling and yes he's always like what will thr world think if you do this , the world won't like. He's strict , but I don't want to live normal life. Please, hope you reply.

Hi, Anonymous!

How old are you? If you are underage and still living in your parents' household then pursuing modeling will be a big obstacle. When it comes to cultures and being conservative you are not the only person in such a situation so please know there are many young people going through a similar challenge.

I am half Filipino but thankfully my mother was very encouraging and supportive of my decision to get into the entertainment industry as a model and actor but I know many others who are not as fortunate.

Do you believe your father would be more open-minded if he were to learn more about the modeling industry and the business side of things or does he refuse to even want to understand your reasons why you want to get involved?

I don't have much more I can offer in terms of advice other than what I have already written in the blog post you commented on ("When You Get No Support For Modeling") but if you'd like to discuss things further, feel free to send me an email directly: daniadenise@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035