Answering a Reader Question #1,015


Anonymous Wrote:

Hi mam, I found your blog helpful and informative. Im 16 and 5"3 (without heels) can I become a runway model? My dad is super tall so does my paternal family. will I grow anymore taller? 5"9 height criteria are with or without heels?

Hi, Anonymous!

The 5'9" height criteria for runway models is without heels. Agencies will measure to verify height so it is important to be truthful.

At 5'3" without heels, you wouldn't be considered by runway agencies until you grew to at least 5'8".

I'm not a medical doctor so I can't say whether or not you have the potential to grow taller as you get older. The best way to get an idea about what your full height could be is to make an appointment with your family doctor, who will be able to evaluate your family's medical history and make a better educated guess about that information.

In the meantime, you are the ideal age and height for commercial/print modeling. Check out those types of agencies if you'd like to try your hand at modeling with agency representation sooner than later.

Best of luck to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035