Answering a Reader Question #1,010


Grace Wrote:

Hi Dania, my name I Grace. I love your article, it really helps.

Although, I surprised that till this day I can’t seem to figure out

if we are suppose to include the makeup hours before a shoot

in the x per hour charges..

Hope to get a reply from you soon 😊

Hey, Grace!

I'm glad you enjoyed my article about modeling & pay rates. It's always a tricky topic that isn't black and white so it can be challenging to really get a handle on how each model should be charging for his/her services.

When it comes to the hourly rate, that is referring to the actual hours you are physically modeling, not the activities that occur beforehand. So you wouldn't include the makeup hours in an hourly charge because that takes place before the actual shoot.

To account for any costs related to getting your makeup done, it might be easier to work with a half or full day rate instead of an hourly rate. This will allow you to factor in the cost of makeup/prep in addition to the actual time spent modeling.

I hope that helps but feel free to email me directly if you have more questions: daniadenise@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035