Answering a Reader Question #1,000

Chelsie Wrote:

Hi Dania, My name is Chelsie I'm 29. I'll be 30 in April. I modeled a lot when I was younger in East Tennessee. I moved to North Carolina and I don't know where to start to get back into modeling. I'm 5'8 skinny I think I'm a size 5 or 6. Thanks in advance.

Hi, Chelsie!

Congrats on being my 1,000th reader question I've answered...never thought I'd see that number, woohoo!

The best place to start in figuring out where you fit when getting back into modeling is if you want an agent to represent you or if you want to do it as more of a hobby or part-time thing. Because you've been out of the industry for a period of time, seeking an agent would be the more direct path to modeling in a way that is on the safer side since the agency would be in charge of the legwork in finding you opportunities.

However, if you just want to get back in front of a camera in general, that can be as easy as looking up local professional photographers and doing test shoots.

Given your stats, you are fashion height but in a smaller market like North Carolina, I wouldn't be surprised if agencies there focused more on commercial/print and lifestyle modeling. That being said, it isn't uncommon for agencies to take on a print model of fashion height like yourself and simply submit for both types of work as it comes up. That's one of the perks of being in a smaller market where cross over in categories is okay because of the flexibility with what clients are searching for.

To get an idea of what your market looks like in North Carolina, I would recommend doing an online search for modeling agencies within a 2 hour's drive from where you live. Check out their websites and see what the models on roster look like and if any of them look similar to you or not. Review the submission guidelines and if you're up for sending in your snapshots and information, go for it! If there is an open call, even better.

As long as they aren't trying to make you pay any upfront fees in order to get a contract with them, you'll be able to knock the dust off and get back into the swing of things. If you need additional assistance with looking up credible agencies in your area, feel free to shoot me an email directly: daniadenise@gmail.com.

Best of luck to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035