Answering a Reader Question #972

Julia Wrote:

Hi Dania!
I am 16yrs old, 5'10, 127 lbs, 34-26-35. I am not stick-straight, but I am thin and have a more athletic build. I know my stats, particularly the waist, are a little big, but I am interested in modeling on the side. Would I be able to fit in Fashion/Runway and is it worth going to open calls? I live in Austin, which isn't huge on the HF scene, so I didn't know if they would be a little more forgiving on stats. I don't know much about the industry and am trying to see if I honestly would be able to model. Thank you so much!

Hi, Julia!

I would most certainly suggest attending open calls in Austin. That's going to be the only way you'll know for sure which agencies would be interested in you or not.

Smaller markets like Austin are more forgiving when it comes to measurements so you're pretty accurate in that sense. However, the rule of thumb is that a female model's stats can be a maximum of 2 inches larger in the bust, waist and/or hips.

Your waist measurement is right at the max so as long as you can maintain that, I don't see where it would be a problem, especially since you have the height and age on your side in terms of pursuing fashion and runway.

So go for it and see what happens...no matter what, have fun and focus on showcasing your personality!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035