Answering a Reader Question #970

Steve Wrote:

Hello Dania:

After reading your post, I see that I am missing lifestyle and family man shots in my portfolio. So could a father-daughter shoot serve both these categories? When I visit the Bay area in April, if there is a TFP photographer who can shoot me in these categories aside from the beach shots we discussed, can you connect us? Since I look younger with my beard now trimmed short, do you think my agent is less likely to cast me in roles targeted to the over 50 audiences?
Thank you,
Steve Norwood

Hi there, Steve!

Having a father-daughter type of shoot would certain qualify for lifestyle and family man shots for your portfolio. There are modeling groups on Facebook that are great resources for networking and posting travel notifications for those that are location-based for its members.

It couldn't hurt to reach out to those groups and ask to join or to post your availability and interest in doing trade shoots with local photographers in the Bay Area. Posting a travel notice on Model Mayhem would also serve this same purpose and allow interested professionals to contact you so you should do both to make sure your bases are covered.

I don't think your agent will be too concerned about your shorter beard limiting the types of projects you could be marketed towards. You have a strong commercial/print look that works with a wide range of demographics and to maximize opportunities your agent will submit you to any and all of them so I think you'll be just fine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035