Answering a Reader Question #952

Aria Wrote:

Thank you for the wonderful article! I would really appreciate your advice on my situation. 

I recently did headshots for a photographer for possible stock images. It was a TFP arrangement and 1 1/2 hour shoot. The photographer was very pleased with my performance and surprised to know that I have not modeled before. He told me he sees the talent in me and if I do more modeling, I may want to make a separate modeling page to help promote myself. He also wants to do another shoot with me. 

Two other local photographers approached me the next day after they viewed my posted headshots. They are both interested in a TFP arrangement. They appear to be accomplished photographers and have their own studios. Would you suggest I accept the TFP arrangement and not charge for my time, perhaps use it as an opportunity to build my portfolio? 

Thank you very much!

Hey there, Aria!

I'm glad you enjoyed the article ("Modeling & Pay Rates: How Much Should You Charge?")!

Based on where you're at in your career, I agree that you should move forward with the TFP shoots with the other two photographers. You want to build a body of work with enough shots from different photographers that showcases your skills as a model. One shoot alone won't really be enough to get that across to potential photographers and clients.

When it comes time to start charging for your modeling services you want to make sure you've got a portfolio that clearly shows your potential and having these next two shooting experiences under your belt will definitely boost your confidence when it comes to negotiating pay rates.

I'm happy to hear that your first shoot went so great and I'm sure there will be many more to come, including paid gigs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035