Answering a Reader Question #943

Anonymous Wrote:

Thank you for writing this article! I just found your blog and have found it really helpful thus far. I have quite a few questions for you, if that's alright. First off, I am 14 and looking to be a commercial/ print model (I am 5'6.5" so I think I'm too short for runway modeling, but I may still grow). My measurements are 30-23.5-35. I am of mixed race (half Chinese, half Caucasian). Would that make me more "appealing" or "exotic" to agencies? Also, I have quite a few blackheads on my nose and some on my cheeks that I have been trying to get rid of but can't seem to find a way to. They are not very visible unless you look very closely, but would this somehow hold me back? Do you have any skincare tips for getting rid of them? Lastly, I'm kinda intimidated with the whole application process...should I apply to multiple agencies at once or should I apply one by one? Should I apply first to smaller agencies so that I have a higher chance of getting booked or should I apply to big agencies with less of a chance?
Thank you so much :)

Hi Anonymous!

That's perfectly fine to ask away...that's what I'm here for! :-)

Your age, height and mix all sound ideal for commercial/print agencies. As long as you look healthy, are well groomed, have a great smile and personality and are photogenic, I have no doubt you would get the interest of an agency.

Blackheads happen and the fact that you can't see them unless up close is good. I use Biore pore strips and they work fairly well. What is your daily skincare regimen and what products do you use? That info would help me give you more accurate advice when it comes to caring for your complexion. Also knowing what your skin type is would also be helpful (i.e. is your face dry, oily, combination, sensitive?).

I always advise submitting to multiple agencies, large and small, around the same time. This will improve the odds of hearing back from more than one around the same time as well. That helps greatly when it comes to making decisions if you happen to have more than one agency interested in signing you.

What matters most is that the agencies you submit to are ones you meet any listed requirements for (it'll likely be stated on the agency websites) so as long as you're good to go with that, you should be totally fine with your submissions!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035