Answering a Reader Question #926

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Dania!

I just want to say I love your blog so much! It has taught me so many great things. I have wanted to be a model for a long time. I am currently 19 years old and live around the St. Louis, MO area. I went to the Tribute Model Search for Mother Model Management a few months ago but I never heard back. Obviously I am a bit discouraged. Do you have any suggestions as to where I should go from here? Do you think I should try to attend another open call of theirs or would it be silly since they have already seen me and apparently were not that interested? To give you an idea, I am 5'8" and weigh around 130. My measurements are around 33-25-36. Thank you so much for any feedback!!

Hi, Anonymous!

So happy to hear how my blog has helped you!

For now pass on attending another open call for them (the rule of thumb is to wait at least 6 months from the time you first submitted before trying again).

Below are other agencies in St. Louis that you should check out in the meantime:

Images Agency Models & Actors
http://www.imagesagency.com/divisions.php

Azalea Talent Agency
http://azaleaagency.com/sign-with-us/

West Model & Talent Management
http://westmodelmanagement.com/be-discovered/open-calls/

I would recommend submitting to all 3 at the same time so you can increase your odds of receiving responses back within roughly the same time frame. Make the ones that have open calls a priority to attend, followed by the ones that don't have them.

As long as you bring/submit exactly what each agency asks for, you should be good to go!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for your reply! I will definitely look in to each of these agencies! What are your thoughts on my age/weight/measurements? Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome!

      Because MO isn't a large market for modeling, the good news is that the agencies won't be as strict about your measurements as the ones in a big market like NYC or LA would be.

      The standard is 34-24-34. Agencies allow models to be smaller or no larger than 1 inch in any of those areas so your bust is fine, as is your waist (since it falls within the 1 inch max). Your hips are 1 inch larger than the max BUT like I said, agencies in smaller to medium markets would likely not have a problem with that.

      So I think you'll be just fine in that regard.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Forgot to mention that your age is fine. Weight itself isn't as big of a factor as your measurements are but all in all I believe you'd have a realistic shot with an agency in your market. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035