Answering a Reader Question #912

Jordan Wrote:

Hi, Dania. First off, I just wanted to thank you for having such an informative and helpful blog.

I have a meeting scheduled with IMG Models in New York soon. I was scouted via the # wlyg. I am 5'8", 15 yrs old, and my measurements are 32-22-33.

I was wondering if you could give me any tips/suggestions on what to wear, how to present myself, and how to prepare for my upcoming meeting. Also, are there any exercises that are good for achieving an even more toned figure for my possible modeling career. I'm so nervous and although I have done quite a bit of research over the past two years, I still feel slightly unprepared..

(I'm also a little worried about my height...)

Thank you so much for giving your time to help me out!

Jordan

Hi, Jordan!

You're very welcome, I'm glad you've been able to benefit from my blog!

Congrats on the upcoming interview with IMG, how exciting (and nerve-wracking, I know)! As far as tips, below is a link to one of my Modeling 101 blog posts that will give you a crash-course on the questions you asked (plus it avoids a really long novel of a response, haha):

The 411 on Modeling Agency Interviews:

http://amodelsdiary.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-411-on-modeling-agency-interviews.html

As far as exercises, based on your stats I think you're totally fine so don't go overboard with trying to do too much physically right now. Wait until you've met with IMG and see if they want to sign you. At that point you can consult with them directly about your body shape and any concerns about your health and exercise regimen.

Plus, they invited you to the meeting based on how you look now so take that as a sign that you're doing something right. :-)

Being 15 and 5'8" is a great thing for an agency because they know there's the potential for you to grow even taller as you get older so your height shouldn't be a concern for you at all right now.

The bottom line: breathe! :-) Nerves are natural but you can't let it affect you to the point where it may cause you to not perform well at the meeting. As long as you bring the materials they ask for, arrive on time (which means early!) and are comfortable talking candidly about yourself, you'll nail it. Sometimes being too prepared can actually be a bad thing so don't psyche yourself out unnecessarily.

A lot of modeling has to do with instinct, being able to think on your feet and adapt to any situation. Never let 'em see you sweat! Go with your gut, be personable, fun and outgoing. It doesn't take a lot to impress an agency when you really think about it--if you've got it naturally, they'll know so just be the best version of you and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to sign you onto their roster.

Best of luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035