Answering a Reader Question #855

Anonymous Wrote:

Hey there,
I have to go to a modelling interview and I have no experience what so ever, anyway I'm stuck on a few of the question like "What are your strengths and weaknesses ", "where do you think you'll be in 5 years" with the last question I love studying but am wondering I that would make me sound geeky and ruin my furure in modelling.
Thanks

Hi, Anonymous!

I'm sorry I'm answering your question so late and I'm sure you already had your agency interview--I hope it went great! I've been working out of town and am now recovering from dental surgery so I just haven't been on top of my blogging and email inboxes at all. :-(

However, I still do want to answer your question in the hopes that others in your situation will be able to get some guidance from it (and you can also compare what you did with what I wrote, although I'm sure you knocked it out of the park!).

When it comes to strengths and weaknesses, it's helpful to keep it simple: what do you go that's good and what do you do that you know you could improve on? I don't want to put words in your mouth as to what you should say so below are a list of examples of "strengths" and "weaknesses" that can serve as a guideline of sorts or at least help jog your own examples that apply to you:

Strengths:

- Punctual
- Dependable/Reliable
- Hard working
- Handles rejection/criticism well
- Works well with others
- Follows instructions

Weaknesses:

- Workaholic/Work too hard
- Perfectionist
- Too honest/blunt
- Shy
- Busy work/school schedule

For the question about where you think you'll be in 5 years, that's something you really have to think about and see what you can come up with. You don't have to say a profound, detailed path of where you'll live, what job you'll have, your salary, if you'll be married with kids, etc. It can be as simple as saying you hope to have your own place and are able to travel more, while hopefully still being able to model. They're not testing you to see if you have an actual plan in place, they just want to see how far ahead of your life you've thought about. Even if you say you want to pursue college and eventually get a Master's degree, that would be a solid yet simple answer.

I'm a firm believer that as long as you're honest, you can never be seen as "geeky." Nerds and geeks rule the world, lol. I'm a self-proclaimed nerd and book worm so don't worry, you telling an agency that you love to study could never be a poor reflection on you. It would be just the opposite!

I hope that your interview went well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035