Answering a Reader Question #670

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi, I love fashion and when I went to go try on wedding dresses they told me that I fit very one and that they all looked really good on me. She also told me that I should be a wedding dress model and I would like to volunteer at bridal gown shows and be a model but I don't know how to get into it. I am 18 years old and 5'2 and my family tells that girls would kill for my hair, I have red curly hair. If you can give me any tips or can help me that would be amazing. I know I am probably not typical model stature but I am still interested. Also I would like to stay in my home town.

Hi, Anonymous!

Although you are 5'2" a lot of local bridal shows do use models of all height and sizes, which could definitely work in your favor. I would suggest going online and seeing if there are any upcoming bridal fairs/shows scheduled to be in your area. Focus on the ones that have bridal fashion shows (to my knowledge, not all of them do).

Once you know which ones meet that criteria, sign up to attend the event. Check out the fashion show and if you think it's something you want to be a part of, find out who the show's producer or model coordinator is. This is as simple as asking the emcee or whoever is hosting the show/event.

When you find out who the person to contact is, try to talk to them in person while you're at the bridal fair (if they're available). Introduce yourself, state that you're interested in being a bridal model and would like to know how to be considered.

There is also the option of simply calling the bridal fair company and asking but I think it is best to actually attend the event to see for yourself if it's something you really want to do--not all bridal fairs/shows are the same (some are amazing and others are disorganized messes, lol). Plus, networking with the event coordinator in person shows initiative, which is always a good thing.

Comments

  1. Hi Dania!

    I was reading this answer and saw that you wrote "although you are 5'2"...". Does that mean you can still do fashion shows even though you are not as tall as high fashion model? Its just that Im slightly shorter than 5'4" but i want to do fashion shows as well as fit modelling. Right now I am going to apply for fit modelling because thats the only modelling I think my height is suitable for. But if i could do fashion shows as well that woukd be great! Should I mention in my fit model aplication that I want to do local fashion shows as well? Or should I keep that to myself and if I get signed as a fit model, then I should tell the agency? Im so sorry for asking so many questions but this modelling industry is pretty confusing ahahaha.

    Thank you so much and I wait for your reply!

    P.S Congrats about Jennifer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #706." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035